I found this lovely recipe when flicking through the June 2014 Asda magazine!
The recipe doesn’t specifically state Gluten Free Flour but its an easy substitute! (I guess you could use normal dairy butter if you wanted too as well)
So I’ve typed it all out so its easier to read but I must reinforce that this isn’t my recipe!
“Crisp pastry, raspberry name and a soft, nutty sponge topped with roast almonds- our dairy-free version of this classic is a real treat”
Ready In: 55 minutes
Price Per Serving: 51p
400g pack Genius Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
150g Chosen by you Raspberry Jam
125g Pure Dairy Free Sunflower Spread
125g Caster sugar
Few drops of almond extract
2 large eggs
125g ground almonds
50g Self Raising Flour (plus extra for rolling) 50g flaked almonds
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/ Gas 5. Knead the pastry lightly, shape into a ball and flatten slightly.
2. Remove the base from a 22cm loose-based flan tin and put on a lightly floured surface. Put the pastry in the middle, then roll it out to form a circle about 3cm larger than the tin base.
3. Carefully lower the base and pastry into the tin, using your fingers to fold the pastry into the tin, using your fingers to fold the pastry up the sides. Spread the jam over the pastry base.
4. Beat the sunflower spread, sugar and almond extract together until creamy. Add the eggs, ground almonds and flour. Beat until evenly mixed.
5. Put spoonfuls of the mixture all over the jam. Spread into an even layer very gently (to avoid the jam mixing with the almond mixture). Sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
6. Bake for 35 mins. Leave to cool on a aback. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
This looks amazing and I can’t wait to BAKE IT!
AHHHHH… if anyone has tried this let me know how it goes!